Hey, Hi, Hello!
In the past, I’ve held various internships and positions related to my field. From Public Relations & Marketing Intern at LAMP Valdosta to the Public Relations Director of ROYALS (Raising Our Youth As Leaders) and serving as the 2016 – 2017 President of the V-State Chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). I also put my skills to use as a Content Creation Intern for Koreaboo and a Staff Writer for Asia 24/7.
Currently, I am seeking a career where I can develop and elevate my skills in public relations, media relations, social media, digital marketing, event planning, non-profit PR, advertising and storytelling for continuous improvement.
I believe in being the best you can be, being kind and reaching back to extend a helping hand.
Ciara R. James • Texas Native • Georgia Resident • Expat in the Making!
Enjoys: Books • Blogging • Attending Live Shows • Puppies • Arnold Palmers
C O N T A C T
V E R B A L
>> Here are samples of my written work!
LAMP VALDOSTA | PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING INTERN | JANUARY 2017 – PRESENT
- LAMP HOSTS HOMELESS FOR A NIGHT FUNDRAISER
- LAMP HOSTS COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE TO RE-CONNECT WITH SURROUNDING COUNTY STAKEHOLDERS
KOREABOO.COM | CONTENT CREATION INTERN | DECEMBER 2016 – MARCH 2017
- Super Junior fans have built 16 schools in Africa, with plans for more
- 9 Radiant Photos of Park Shin Hye Prove She Is A Goddess Among Women
- Five Idols Who Showed Off Their Hidden Talents During 2016
- Videos Show Why Even Entertainment Insiders Love BTS
V I S U A L
>> Here are samples of my photography!
D E S I G N
>> Here are samples of my design work!
C O M M U N I T Y S E R V I C E
>> I love being active in my community! Here’s just some of my work in the community!
CANTASIA | V-STATE PUBLIC RELATIONS STUDENT SOCIETY OF AMERICA (PRSSA) | SEPTEMBER 2016
- Hosted by Valdosta State PRSSA in conjunction with Second Harvest Food Bank of South Georgia (Valdosta Branch) & Southeastern Credit Union
- Collected 4,829 pounds of food & $500 in donations
- Largest contribution of food & monetary donations by Valdosta State University in history
- Hosted “Best Buy Shoe Weekend” where employees donated $1 per day (Friday – Sunday) to wear closed toed shoes of choice to contribute to Cantasia
MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY | BEST BUY TEAM #789 | SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK OF SOUTH GEORGIA | OCTOBER 2016
- Volunteered with Best Buy (Store #789) for Make a Difference Day 2016
- Created 200 meal boxes that will provide families with meals for up to two weeks during the 2016 holiday season
RELAY FOR LIFE | BEST BUY TEAM #789 | LOWNDES COUNTY, GA | MAY 2016 – 2017
- Volunteered with Best Buy (Store #789) for two years
- Helped to raise over $1,000 storewide aid in cancer research